16/11/2014

Becoming Bowie




As you may be able to tell by now I am an avid fan of David Bowie. Possibly the androgynous avant garde style he expressed through the character Ziggy Stardust or the variety of different styles and music genres he has performed have made it so. 

Anyway, I was informed of a fancy dress day for Children In Need a few weeks ago and, being a sixth former, I left it (slightly) to the last minute. The hardest part was choosing what to go as! In the end I settled for Bowie as the make up is somewhat fun to do and easily recognisable and impressive. I was not quite prepared for the effect that being dressed in a leotard with garish colours smeared across my face would have on me. To cut a long story short, I spent the day relishing in my newly found element and feeling like an ever powerful space invader.

More Bowie posts here!

=Sophie=

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...