21/10/2014

Stencil + Spray




I've been getting creative recently with plain t-shirts and spray paints. It all started when I was inspired by Joan Jett of the Runaways who has the famous Sex Pistols home made band t-shirt. Portrayed in the movie by Kristen Stewart I watched her quickly whip up this masterpiece so I just had to make my own.


I started by simply making a stencil of the chosen band - I'll never have to buy official merch at this rate! You can do this either by drawing and then cutting or printing out a picture if it's intricate. Don't forget to cut it out in inverse like above and keep the holes of the letters.

Then, all that's left to do is spray over the stencil onto a plain t-shirt - mine are from good ol' Primark. There are interesting things you can do like mixing colours and placing the stencil slightly apart to get a 3D lo-fi effect.


And that's it! I hope you liked this simple DIY for creating kick ass t-shirts, and remember there's a whole world of things you can create, you just got to think them up.

=Sophie=

2 comments :

  1. I love the dredge one, when did you make that!? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks <3 I made this one a few weeks ago xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...