27/10/2014

Sculpture Sepelchre


Last week I went on an art trip to Gloucester Cathedral to take a look at the free sculpture exhibition called The Crucible 2. As well as seeing some insane art pieces I witnessed the cathedral in its full beauty. 


Some of the floors were spectacular and so intricate.

These were my favourite stained glass windows because they flow and have a striking blue colour which reminds me of a Monet painting.


This piece is called 'The Anatomy of an Angel' and it is by the artist and sculptor Damien Hirst. I loved this piece and it brings back memories of seeing a giant version in London when I was younger.




And to finish, a giant squashed netball! The architecture of the cathedral was amazing and all the art work was really interesting and thought-provoking. I would definitely recommend popping down if you're in the area and having a look!

=Sophie=

3 comments :

  1. so weird that it was my old school, the last photo I walked down every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see this too, I loved it! Your photos are beautiful Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! How stunning, just look at that ceiling. The best thing to me about blogging is getting to see the amazing places from all over without leaving my living room. The list of places I want to go visit is growing by the say and this cathedral is on it too! haha
    Awesome photos. Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes, Danielle. x
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...